Durable Power of Attorney Georgia Form – Adobe PDF
Choose a person to handle all your financial needs in your best interest. The agent you select will be able to do anything from picking up mail from a PO Box to selling your car. All proceeds will be to your benefit and your representative may only reimburse themselves for their own costs from travel, eating, or lodging.
The Attorney-In-Fact deals with your creditors, debtors, the government, insurance companies and watches over your investments. When choosing this individual, it is important to choose someone who is reliable, trustworthy and shares your philosophies as they relate to your personal business matters. It is generally a good idea to choose someone local to you, to deal with those business matters that are best handled face-to-face.
The attorney in fact will have the power to;
- Real property
- Tangible personal property
- Stocks and bonds
- Commodities and options
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Operation of entity or business
- Insurance and annuities
- Estates, trusts, and other beneficial interests
- Claims and litigation
- Personal and family maintenance
- Benefits from governmental programs or civil or military service
- Retirement plans